Thursday, October 05, 2006

Granddaddy's Buick...

Found this picture on the web....My grandfather's Buick looked like this one..It was a 1960, but forest green, seated 6 people, no seat belts, we cruised East Tennessee in it, Granddaddy giving out Pep O Mints, me no doubt picking on my little sisters, Mom wearing a pleated skirt with black and red diamond-shapes, Daddy with the reflex camera pointed out to the side...I remember a rolled-and-pleated padded green Naugahyde universe and lots of curvy glass...Back at the house in Clinton TN, Henry Mancini on the new reel-to-reel, Granddaddy's laughing at Red Skelton...Grandmama cooking some great casserole dish...Well, I'm sounding like The Wonder Years...there's a lot more where this came from...
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home