Monday, August 14, 2006

I love Sweden...

A day off after 2 or was it 3 intensive weeks, hanging out with 150 kids out in Tensta with our Sommarkul outreach, followed by a week of Open Café evenings at New Life, my church in Kungsholmen in downtown Stockholm, music, new friends, people off the street, prayer, shooting the breeze...preached yesterday at New Life on Psalm 139, one of those passages that are just part of my very soul now, it was intense and I loved it and apparently more than a few were touched deeply, I am thankful!...Came home and my son Pat made this blog look like this...Even got my friend Sam's artwork in the title box...So today was that day off I mentioned further up in this-stream-of-conscious...Beautiful day-after-a-rainstorm here in Åkersberga, all smelling of damp woods and cleaned off...Went to Dommarudden, an "insjö", a lake nearby...The spruce and pine and birch woods, the red-with-white-trim old buildings and stugas, granite rock-masses all around crystal-clear water with the grey-blue almost-threatening sky above, 2 guys fishing off a dock like in the Norrlands Guld commercials...Family goes off to the swimming spot, I go for a run first, one hour out in the country around this outlying-not-quite-a-suburb-of-Stockholm-town-in-the-forest, horse farms, open fields, just the right temperature, cool wind...Get back to Dommarudden and family and pull off my Asics and jump in the cold water, up to my neck in wonderfulness, I can see my feet on the coarse sand on the bottom, guy casts his line out further up, horizon of dark evergreen and granite cliffs over silver water-surface...I am still amazed we are here, 2 years later, such a beautiful place, such a beautiful city way over there, such incredible new friends we work with, such nice people we have met, a lovely land I have traveled in from north to south and west to, uh, out in the Baltic...This spot on the wild edges of Österåker, in this clear water, yet one more reason...I love Sweden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home