Monday, August 21, 2006

Da fish...

No, not there yet, going to Larssons' in a few minutes, for our own Surströmmingspremiär, but it seemed to me that I gave it a rather unfair description yesterday in this space, pre-gustative-ly as it were...I actually read on a school calender entry today that this herring-based specialty is actually not rotten, as even some Swedish friends, non-surstömming-aficionados, have said, but fermented, like sour milk (filmjölk), not milk-gone-bad, and that it was canned after careful preparation in controlled-temperature environment sometime in the beginning of summer, not last year, and the can will not be bloated, but still probably will be opened outdoors...I will compare it to my other references in odorifous-yet-tasty gastronomic events: eating the dorian fruit in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and the Époisses cheese in Ste. Anywhere, France...We'll see who wins...

May this essential clarification change your life!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home