Monday, February 19, 2007

Time to hang...dizzy...

Well, you know I'm a Rickie Lee Jones fan from way back (Wayback, Arizona)...Her music has been a constant part of the Soundtrack of my life and travels, along with others'...I can remember where I was when I was humming the music to Western Slopes or Gravity or driving around with Ghostyhead on in a friend's borrowed car...Now I am hanging at home, not as dizzy as yesterday, but the flu is still hanging on, feeling better...So I'm sitting listening to her newest The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard that I ran out and bought just before the bug bit...Good deal at Record Hunter on St. Eriksgatan, one of my best music spots...I was thinking it would be just fine if she did another jazzy thing with Bill Frisell or another trip-hoppy sequel to Ghostyhead...But this is fine fine stuff here, different once again, obvious spiritual themes, open reflection on Christ's words from Lee Cantelon, on prayer, heaven, the state of the world, fine guitar by Peter Atanasoff, you 'll have to read the story...so anyway, I am just sitting-lying around, blogging on about something so interesting as flu, but this new Rickie Lee album takes me to some great places, among which, for some reason, hot sunny southern California desert- and city-scapes, music for driving across open landscape or motel-suburbia, but also great with my snowy Swedish forest-scape and Stockholm rooftops...driving up to Löfsdalen in the Saab on Friday, I'll bring it with me!...Now, back to major hanging, midday Swedish TV, convalescence...Be well! (photo by Lee Cantelon 2006)

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

det får jag kolla upp verkar spännande..
hoppas bra med er..

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home