Sunday, September 03, 2006

Na na na na na na na - NA! Today is your birthday!...

Well, it was Friday, actually...49 years...1957...A great year for Chevrolets!...I am thankful to be here!...Birthday gifts, the first one being a new year, a new day never-before lived...An SMS from my friends Hans and Helena, expressing love and affection on my olive-green vintage Nokia screen...CD from itunes from Patrick: Cassandra Wilson's Thunderbird...A Saab-full of friends I am taking home at 1:00am after we help with inventory at the Västermalm ICA store: Khole puts his hand on my shoulder from the back seat and prays for me as I look for the Sollentuna exit, then reads Psalm 49...Myriam, Maria and Jae-sun chime in with Swedish happy-birthday song with modified words...Happy Birthday from Laura at breakfast...From Patrick, too, as he leaves for school in Täby...New Asics Gel-Odyssey walking shoes, my NBs are shot...Hugs! Oh how I love them: Iris, Kjell, Charles, Helena, Jakob, and hugs on the moving sidewalk down to the Blue Line subway...Cards!...Webcam from Beth...Mechanical pencil from Laura...A phone call from Claire in Lyon, France...Good friend and neighbor Tim and daughter Miranda come over for fika and conversation, with a Swedish Far Side book...Email cards with bouncing airplanes...Prayers...Thank you!...
Next day, ran in the St. Eriksloppet, 21K through central Stockholm, with 6500 other people...Perfect weather, get to see many interesting parts of the city at asphalt level, got rained on, my friend Johannes is by a bridge in Kungsholmen rooting for me...Neo-bohemian Hornstull and Tantolunden areas at Km 15, like running through Haight-Ashbury in 1969...I sing-screech "I must be CRAY-zeeeeH!..." to packed café-terraces and wave to the older woman Heja-ing from her 5th floor balcony...Come in at 2:06:23, not what I'd hoped, but somehow still quite happy and grateful...Family there to meet me and sit among the human sea of red faces, Asics Gel and Mizuno Wave, sweat, and Gain O-Max cartons...Stockholm-beautiful evening begins...walk a bit crookedly to the T-Bana...Happy Birthday!...
Laura in Kungsträdgården, 2 September 2006... Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, congrats!!! It was your birthday? Amazing to be 49 years of good age... Well you are still a young spirit my friend. So I was wondering about how you actually change the way things look on your blogspot... You know how to have an image in the background like you have... Is it hard?

Anyways... Its good that you found me man!!! I´ve added you on skype also, so anytime you see me online you should give me a call...

Love ya big bro! /sam

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grattis stjrt!!

Miss you a lot here in Umeå, Norrland. The way your Tennesee-Texas-Californian greatness is freshly mixed with that French difficulty.... ehhh... Well see you someday! Pick dat mando!

/Jonas M

10:47 PM  
Blogger studu said...

thanks my broz, you're awesome in your awesomeness!!...

patrick my son at forever.whatever@gmail.com, or on his blog, or msn, did my page modifications...it's under blogger settings etc. he changed colors, fonts, imported pix, talk to him he's goooood!
stwjrt

10:46 AM  
Blogger Clairikine said...

Happy birfday Daddy-O! "That made me CRAYYYY-zeeehhh..."

The way to change the basic template is to go to "Change Settings" from the dashboard, then the "Template" tab, and it's all sweet home HTML (and/or CSS) coding from there.

I swear, every time I look at a new picture of Laura I think to myself a) "It's my clone!" b) "She looks like Dad!" c) "She looks like a Patrick, Mom and me too!" d) "Whew! Good thing!"

Well, I gots my schedule for the 5th and 6th semesters at Lyon-2, the teachers liked my "Nietzsche ist tot" shirt...commented on it and everything. HA! Met up with a Christian girlfriend and met this guy in my German classes who studied greek, latin and sanskrit. Yahooza.

Mic likes the church-basement idea, keep me updated on that... Toodlez.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home